About this property
COASTAL COMFORT - IMAGINE WAKING UP TO A FABULOUS SEA VIEW! Spacious, recently refurbished, well presented, double glazed and centrally heated one bedroom retirement apartment. Pleasantly set within the quiet and sought-after Kingsley Court development. EPC D
Kingsley Court is a retirement development of similar style properties pleasantly set within the popular coastal village of Westward Ho! The village has undergone something of a renaissance in recent years and offers good local amenities including a supermarket, post office, other retail shops, pubs and restaurants. The golden sandy beach and Royal North Devon Golf Course, are just a short distance away. Approximately 3 miles distant is the port and market town of Bideford, with an excellent range of shopping and recreational facilities, together with Health Centres and Supermarkets. Barnstaple, North Devon's regional centre, housing the area's main shopping, business and commercial venues, located on the banks of the River Taw, is about 25 minutes' drive. From here access is available onto the North Devon Link Road, which leads through to junction 27 of the M5 at Tiverton.
No. 11 is a 3rd floor self-contained retirement apartment, which has been recently re-decorated and has new floor coverings throughout. It retains many graceful, character features including wonderful high ceilings, ornate coving, skirting boards and architraves. From the lovely wide bay window, panoramic sea views can be enjoyed. It will no doubt appeal to active retirees but has also been adapted to suit those with restricted mobility. The property is located within a substantial period building, with a lift to all floors and an on site house manager. Occupancy is restricted to those in excess of 55 years of age and therefore offers a peacefully located, low maintenance, coastal property from which to enjoy retirement.
For dimensions see Floorplan: (with all measurements being approximate).
Communal Entrance Porch and Hall with door entry system. Staircase and lift access to 3rd floor with private entrance door to:
Private Entrance Hall: Door entry phone. High level consumer unit. Telephone point. Radiator. Carpet.
Living/Dining Room/Kitchen: Deep PVC double glazed bay window affording panoramic coastal views over Westward Ho! and Bideford Bay. TV aerial and telephone points. Radiators, convection heater. Carpet. Open plan Kitchen area which is attractively fitted with a range of modern units with work surfaces over, an inset stainless-steel sink unit with mixer tap, matching wall units, tiled splashbacks, fitted double electric oven, electric hob with cooker hood over. Space for under counter fridge. Vinyl flooring.
Bedroom: A large double bedroom enjoying far reaching sea views. Recess with access to Airing/Storage Cupboard with hot water cylinder. Radiator. Carpet. Door to:
Wet room: Extensively tiled tiled and fitted with a wash hand basin, built in to a vanity unit with storage, low level WC, walk in shower area with an electric shower. Vinyl floor covering.
Agents note: Subject to negotiation the vendor is happy to consider certain modifications to the fixtures. Please ask.
Outside: On the seaward side of Kingsley Court is a terrace from which to enjoy the views. Additionally, there is a parking area for use by residents only.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Tenure: Leasehold: A new 125-year lease will be granted upon the sale of the property. Monthly Management Fee: £277.52 which covers the costs as shown below. Ground rent £52 per annum Council Tax: Band A
Vendors Note: What's included in the Management Fee of Kingsley Court:
1. Building managed by First Port, UK's largest professional management company.
2. Over 55's only accommodation. Safe peaceful area with quiet surroundings.
3. On site hands-on Development Manager working 5 days a week 9am -1pm.
4. Buildings insurance.
5. Laundry room. Full use of communal washing and drying facilities.
6. Guest room available in Kingsley Court for visiting friends and family. Cost £20 for 1 person, £25 for 2 per night.
7. Tenants can use other First Port Managed development guest rooms UK wide (over 1,000, subject to availability and booking to be made through Kingsley Court Development Manager at cost as above).
8. Electricity and heating cost in communal areas.
9. Water and sewerage rates.
10. Window cleaning. The windows are cleaned every 2 months.
11. Communal area cleaning.
12. Grounds/garden maintenance.
13. Lift maintenance. Lifts are serviced throughout the year.
14. Lift monitoring system. The cost of the monitoring centre charges.
15. Fire System Maintenance. Fire extinguishers.
16. Intercom door entry system connected to every flat.
17. Fire Emergency Systems run by OpenView.
18. General Maintenance. This pays for day-to-day work on the building.
19. Planned Maintenance. This may include: roof inspection, flat roof & gutter clean, window service, communal fan clean, laundry drain clean, clean & treat laundry floor, check communal mains water valves, portable electrical appliance test, clear external surface water drains, rodent control contract, foul pump maintenance.
20. Redecoration contribution. This is based on a realistic assessment of anticipated costs for internal and external redecoration of communal areas every 5 years as necessary.
Owners are ONLY Responsible For:
Contents insurance. Council Tax. Apartment electricity costs - i.e. heating (this is small as the building is heated as part of the management fee), lighting etc.
From our office on Bideford Quay, proceed out of the town, passing Morrisons supermarket and continue to the roundabout on the A39. Proceed straight across towards to Westward Ho! and into the village, upon entering the one-way system turn left into Kingsley Road, and carry on where Kingsley Court will be found on your right-hand side. We will meet you at the entrance to Kingsley Court.
17 The Quay Bideford Devon EX39 2EN
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.00am - 4.00pm
(other times are available by appointment)