Kingsley Road, Westward Ho, Bideford
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Reception Room
1 bedroom apartment for sale
- Reference Number 30155365
- Agent Seldons Bideford
- Agent Number 01237 477997
Guide price £117,500
About this property
***VIDEO CALL VIEWINGS AVAILABLE*** RELAX, ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT AND WAKE UP TO A FABULOUS SEA VIEW! Superbly refurbished and well appointed one bedroom, double glazed and centrally heated retirement apartment, pleasantly set within the quiet and sought-after Kingsley Court development, within easy reach of the beach and all local amenities. EPC D
Kingsley Court is a retirement development of similar style properties pleasantly set within the popular coastal village of Westward Ho! The village offers good local amenities including a supermarket, post office, other retail shops, village inn, places of worship etc. The golden sandy beach and Royal North Devon Golf Course, are just a short distance away. Approximately 3 miles distant is the working port and market town of Bideford, with an excellent range of shopping and recreational facilities, together with a choice of schooling, health centres and supermarkets. Barnstaple, North Devon's regional centre, housing the area's main shopping, business and commercial venues, located on the banks of the River Taw is approximately 25 minutes driving distance, where access is available onto the North Devon Link Road, which leads through to junction 27 of the M5 at Tiverton.
24 Kingsley Court is a 3rd floor self-contained retirement apartment, which has been recently refurbished and now boasts excellent contemporary finish throughout. The apartment benefits from a new kitchen, refitted shower room, brushed steel sockets and light switches, as well as new floor coverings and re-decoration throughout. The property is located within a substantial period building, with wonderful high ceilings, a lift to all floors and an on site house manager.
Occupancy is restricted to those in excess of 55 years of age and therefore provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking a peacefully located, low maintenance, coastal property from which to enjoy their retirement.
For dimensions see Floorplan: (with all measurements being approximate).
Communal Entrance Porch and Hall with door entry system and post box. Staircase and lift access to 3rd floor with private entrance door to:
Private Entrance Hall: Door entry phone. High level consumer unit. Telephone point. Airing cupboard with hot water cylinder with immersion having slatted shelving over. Radiator. Carpet.
Living Room/Kitchen: PVC double glazed window affording panoramic coastal views over Westward Ho! and beyond. TV aerial and telephone points. Radiator. Carpet. The open plan Kitchen area has been attractively fitted with a range of contemporary gloss units with worksurfaces over, an inset stainless-steel sink unit with mixer tap, matching wall units, fitted Lamona single electric oven with matching hob and cooker hood over. Breakfast bar. Integrated fridge/freezer. Vinyl flooring.
Bedroom: Far reaching sea views. Built in wardrobe. Radiator. Carpet.
Bathroom: Newly fitted suite comprising a large, tiled shower cubicle with Triton electric shower over, low level flush WC, pedestal wash basin, tiled splashbacks, radiator, vinyl flooring.
Outside: On the seaward side of Kingsley Court is a terrace from which to enjoy the views. Additionally, there is a parking area for use by residents only.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Tenure: Leasehold: A new 125-year lease will be granted upon the sale of the property. Monthly service charge: £264.66 which covers the cost of as shown below within these details. Council Tax: Band A
Vendors Note: What's included in the Management Fee of Kingsley Court:
1. Building managed by First Port, UK largest professional management company.
2. Over 55 only accommodation - safe peaceful area with quiet surroundings.
3. On site hands-on Development Manager working 5 days a week 9 am -1.00 pm
4. Buildings insurance.
5. Laundry room - full use of communal washing and drying facilities.
6. Guest room available in Kingsley Court for visiting friends and family. Cost £20 for 1 person, £25 for 2 per night
7. Tenants can use other First Port Managed development guest rooms UK wide (over 1,000)
subject to availability and booking to be made through Kingsley Court Development
Manager. Cost is as above.
8. Electricity and heating cost in communal areas.
9. Monitoring telephone in lift. The cost of the telephone line to the monitoring centre
10. Water and Sewerage Communal Use.
11. Window Cleaning. The windows are cleaned every 2 months.
12. Communal Area Cleaning.
13. Grounds Maintenance.
14. Lift Maintenance. Lifts are serviced throughout the year.
15. Fire System Maintenance. Fire Extinguishers
16. Door & Emergency Systems. This is the cost of the system maintenance contract with Appelo.
17. General Maintenance. This pays for day to day work on the building.
18. Planned Maintenance: This may include: Roof inspection, Flat roof & gutter clean, Window service, Communal fan clean, Laundry drain clean, Clean & treat laundry floor, Check communal mains water valves, Portable electrical appliance test, Clear external surface water drains, Rodent control contract, Foul pump maintenance. Electric gate maintenance.
19. Redecoration Contribution. This is based on a realistic assessment of anticipated costs for internal and external redecoration of communal areas every 5 years as necessary
Owners are ONLY Responsible For:
Contents insurance. Apartment electricity costs - i.e. heating (this is small as the building is heated as part of the management fee), lighting etc.
From our offices on Bideford Quay front, proceed out of the town, passing Morrisons supermarket on your right, and continue onwards to the roundabout on the A39. Proceed straight across towards to Westward Ho! and into the village, upon entering the one-way system turn left into Kingsley Road, and proceed onwards where Kingsley Court will be found on your right-hand side. We will meet you at the entrance to Kingsley Court and accompany to number 26.
17 The Quay Bideford Devon EX39 2EN
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.00am - 4.00pm
(other times are available by appointment)