What you can expect from us
There is always a reason behind anyone selling their home, holiday retreat or investment property.
At Seldons Estate Agents we try to get behind this with you, and help and guide you as much as you require to ensure your sale goes through as smoothly as possible, whilst taking into consideration your own unique circumstances and giving full consideration to the fact that we are all different!
For those who haven’t moved for some years, the experience, at first, can seem a little daunting and this is where we step in to explain and assist you throughout the process, so making this a much more enjoyable experience. Your property may be your biggest asset. It is no wonder therefore that this may leave you open to a little stress, as realising the value of this asset is a prime consideration, as much as it may also maybe to secure your next home.
Engaging an experienced National Association of Estate Agents qualified Agent, such as Seldons Estate Agents, will reduce this considerably. You will benefit from our in depth local knowledge and experience in residential property selling in North Devon throughout the “Sales Process” making your move go as smoothly as possible. If you are looking for an Agent who doesn’t just list your property on Rightmove and wait for things to happen, we are most definitely your type of Estate Agent!
It is the individual personalities, experience and work ethics that make one Estate Agent stand out from others, and this is why many people choose to use us, as we pride ourselves on having one of the most helpful and pro-active team of staff in Estate Agency in North Devon backed up with the latest Agency software and excellent marketing tools which consistently aid us in getting good results.
Marketing your Property
- FREE No obligation Open Market Appraisal and advice as the the best method of sale (see our Auctions page)
- Friendly, professional and keen, knowledgeable staff
- Bespoke quality colour particulars prepared with good quality photography and floorplan.
- We can also organise aerial photogrpahy where appropriate.
- Prime Window Display in our Prime Quay side Offices with LED window displays important for maximising the impact of your property on darker days and nights.
- For Sale Board (by agreement).
- 24 hour advertising on Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation and seldons.co.uk.
- Dynamic & Easy to Use Website designed and hosted by a leading London property website developer.
- Local paper Advertising.
- National Advertising- we can organise national advertising subject to disbursement in such magazines as Devon Life, Coast magazine etc.
- Database of Buyers - Introduction of prospective purchasers through our extensive database of potential buyers.
- Accompanied Viewings (unless not required).
- Feedback on viewings – given following a viewing where obtained or followed up later.
- Marketing Review - following an agreed period, if your property has not gone under offer we will assess and advise how your marketing is going in the context of local demand as what action needs to be taken and report to you.
Offer & Sales Progression – How it Works
- Offer Stage - this can be the most important part of the sale, as it will give a good indicator as to the risk of the prospective purchasers ability to proceed and any associated risk. This is where some less experienced Estate Agents fail to undertake sufficient or adequate groundwork.
- Offers Qualified - due diligence, requested proof of funds from buyer together with chain information and progress investigated through selling Agents throughout the chain.
- Timescale - in conjunction with the seller and purchaser an agreed timescale may be stipulated to ensure all parties are focused from the outset on a completion date.
- Instruct Solicitors - Sales Memorandum issued to both parties Solicitors and copied to vendor and purchaser.
- Mortgage Valuation & Survey - Buyers requested to co-ordinate as quickly as possible and this is monitored. Advice to you on how to react to matters raised following a Mortgage Valuation or Survey.
- Sales Progression - We will actively progress your sale by speaking to Estate Agents and Solicitors (where possible) throughout the chain and feedback to you so you have an understanding as to how matters are progressing and advise you accordingly.
- Exchange of Contracts - this is the point the sale becomes legally binding and you agree a completion date.
- Completion Date - this is the day the sale completes and is most people’s moving day. Typically we will hold a key for the property and following Completion the Buyer may collect the Key from our office.
- Commission Payment - paid and settled by the sellers Solicitor or Conveyancer on Completion with the balance of any due funds being paid to the seller.