There is always a reason behind anyone selling their home, holiday or investment property.
We at Seldons Estate Agents try to get behind this with you, and help and guide you as much as you require to ensure your sale goes through as smoothly as possible, whilst taking into consideration your own unique circumstances, giving consideration to how used you are to selling and moving.
For those who haven’t moved for some years, the experience, at first, can seem a little daunting and this is where we step in to explain and assist you throughout the process, so making this a much more enjoyable experience.
Your property may be your biggest asset. It is no wonder therefore that this leaves you open therefore to a little stress, as realising the value of this asset is a prime consideration as much as it may also maybe to secure your next property.
Employing an experienced and expert Estate Agent, such as Seldons Estate Agents, will reduce this considerably. Our in depth local knowledge and experience in residential property selling in North Devon will be employed throughout the “Sales Process” to make your move go as smoothly as possible.
If you are looking for an Agent who doesn’t just list your property on Rightmove and wait for things to happen, we are most definitely your type of Estate Agent.
It is the individual personalities, experience and work ethics that make one Estate Agent stand out from others, and this is why many people choose to use us, as we pride ourselves on having one of the most helpful and pro-active team of staff in Estate Agency in North Devon backed up with the latest Agency software and excellent marketing tools which consistently aid us in getting good results.
How About One Fee to include Estate Agency & Conveyancing Costs?
Seldons Estate Agents also have a “Unique Local Advantage” in that we can offer you a Comprehensive Service by including in One Fee both Estate Agency & Conveyancing on your sale, via Seldons Solicitors.
This removes from you the complication of sorting out your own Solicitor or Conveyancer. It also means as Estate Agents we have potentially more control and co-operation available to us in progressing your sale.
You have the choice therefore to use us to either to provide you with an Estate Agency Service only or combined Estate Agency & Conveyancing Service.
Marketing of Your property
• FREE No obligation Open Market Appraisal
• Bespoke quality colour particulars prepared with good quality photography, floorplan and plot map (where appropriate) or street plan
• Prime Window Display in our Prime Quay side Offices with LED window displays important for maximising the impact of your property on darker days and nights
• For Sale Board (by agreement)
• 24 hour advertising on Rightmove, On the Market and seldons.co.uk
• Dynamic & Easy to Use Website designed and hosted by a leading London property website developer.
• Local & Regional Advertising- regularly through North Devon Gazette & North Devon Journal
• National Advertising- we can organise national advertising subject to disbursement in such magazines as Devon Life, Coast magazine etc
• Database of Buyers- Introduction of prospective purchasers through our extensive database of potential buyers
• Accompanied Viewings (unless not required)
• Feedback on viewings –given following a viewing where obtained or followed up later.
• Marketing Review- following an agreed period, if your property has not gone under offer we will assess and advise how your marketing is going in the context of local demand as what action needs to be taken and report to you.
Offer & Sales Progression
• Offer Stage-this can be the most important part of the sale, as it will give a good indicator as to the risk of the prospective purchasers ability to proceed and any associated risk. This is where some less experienced Estate Agents fail to undertake sufficient or adequate groundwork.
• Offers Qualified- requested proof of funds from buyer together with Chain Information and Progress investigated through selling Agents though out the Chain.
• Timescale- in conjunction with the seller and purchaser an agreed timescale may be stipulated to ensure all parties are focused from the outset on a Completion date.
• Instruct Solicitors- Sales Memorandum issued to both parties Solicitors and copied to vendor and purchaser.
• Mortgage Valuation & Survey- Buyers requested to co-ordinate as quickly as possible and this is monitored. Advice to you on how to react to matters raised following a Mortgage Valuation or Survey.
• Sales Progression- We will actively progress your sale by speaking to Estate Agents and Solicitors (where possible) throughout the Chain and feedback to you so you have an understanding as to how matters are progressing and advise you accordingly.
• Exchange of Contracts- this is the point it becomes legally binding and you agree a Completion Date
• Completion Date- this is the day the sale completes and is most people’s moving day. Typically we will hold a key for the property and following Completion the Buyer may collect the Key from our office.
• Commission Payment- paid and settled by the sellers Solicitor or Conveyancer on Completion with the balance of any due funds being paid to the seller.